Education is changing – politics is changing – education trade union is changing. We face great challenges but have great opportunities – now is the time to renew and rebuild.
We are a group of activists who believe the time is right for us to establish the formation of a left caucus in the NEU based on a shared vision, values and commitment.
- Zoom meeting, Wed 27th May
- NEU LEFT Zoom Call: How do we support children and families during the crisis?THURSDAY 7th MAY, 2020, 5pm – 6pm Part One: Issues for SEND children – Speaker: Special School Teacher Mehreen Begg, Chair: Lesley Koranteng. Part Two: Open Q & A chaired by Vice-President elect Daniel Kebede. Please register here to take part. Please feel free to share this form, but not the details […]
- The NEU/CSC book on the Cuban education system is out now!Find out how to get your copy
- NEU LEFT Zoom Call : What happens when we return to schools?Time: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:00 PM (BST)
Guest Speaker: Kauser Jan.
- Business as usual ? Education Post Covid 19?School closures impact not only students, teachers, and families, but have far-reaching economic and societal consequences. Children thrive when they are safe and protected, when family and community connections are stable and nurturing, and when their basic needs are met. That stability and structure has undergone a cosmic change that as adults we have been […]
- Education and Local Authorities in WalesNEU Left supporter, Mairead Canvan discusses the issues within education in Wales
- Covid-19, the current assessment policy and the possibility of biases.Context – to discuss the issues that could arise from educators being instructed to assess their learners, using the assessment policy that has arisen from the covid-19 crisis due to the cancellation of formal examinations. As this is a massive area and time was very limited, I focused on early years and primary assessments in […]
- Teacher assessment and the dissolution of the ‘exam factories’.An opinion piece, by Alisdair Smith, with the intention of opening a discussion on assessment.
- Homework – time for a re-appraisal?The Covid-19 crisis that has closed our schools has sent most of us more deeply into the world of home learning than we’ve ever cared to go.